Wednesday, March 01, 2006

US 1, Poland 0

dobry wieczor, good evening.

After finishing up work I took the tram back to the hotel, dropped off my laptop and asked the stunning blond at the counter where I should go to watch the game and get something to eat. She pointed me to C K Browar, and basement pub and brewery just down the street from the hotel. It was great. They serve 3 liters of beer in these tall cylinders with a tap installed near the bottom instead of pitchers. I didn't think I could drink one by myself so I just stuck to a half liter of dark beer. I couldn't decide what to eat so I ordered the C K platter which had 3 kinds of pork and chicken and potatoes. I barely got through half and was very full and happy. I watched the US beat Poland 1 to 0 in soccer while I was there. Nobody cheered but me for some reason. After that I wondered back to the hotel to crash for the night. I'm really tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blogging. I almost feel as if I am there. USA...USA...USA!

The only thing I am missing is work. Anything getting accomplished on that front?

Keep on posting.

Dad