Monday, March 13, 2006

Back in the saddle again

Well, its official. I'm heading back overseas, this time to Chennai, India. I leave this Friday in the morning and I don't get there until Sunday morning. That's due to the 20+ hours of flight plus the +13:30 time difference. I'm going to be exhausted. I'm booked in coach, no chance for business class upgrade. I asked about it, but it would have been $4000.00 of my own money, and I couldn't stomach that. I guess Thomson didn't get to be a multi-billion dollar company by spending frivilously on its technology vendors.

I checked the 4 day forecasts and it looks like I should pack for temperatures of 70-90 degrees, but also be prepared for lots of rain. I'll be there halfway between the coolest and warmest months, which is the best time for travel from what I have heard.

I've got a meeting soon to debrief from the trip to Poland and help improve our international travel policies. I'm going to bring up a few things that I would have liked to have known or had for that trip. Hopefully I will be better prepared for this one.

My flight itinerary follows. Ciao.

17 MAR 06 - FRIDAY
UNITED 6400 COACH CLASS EQUIP-CANADAIR JET
LV: EUGENE 816A NONSTOP MILES- 451
CONFIRMED
AR: SAN FRANCISCO 944A ELAPSED TIME- 1:28
ARRIVAL TERMINAL-3
OPERATED BY-UNITED EXPRESS/SKY

UNITED 930 COACH CLASS EQUIP-BOEING 777 JET
DEPART TERMINAL- INTERNATIONAL
LV: SAN FRANCISCO 1227P NONSTOP MILES- 5368
CONFIRMED
AR: LON / HEATHROW 655A ELAPSED TIME-10:28 ARVL DATE-18 MAR
ARRIVAL TERMINAL-3
LUNCH-BREAKFAST-MOVIE

18 MAR 06 - SATURDAY
BRITISH AWYS 35 COACH CLASS EQUIP-BOEING 747 JET
DEPART TERMINAL- 4
LV: LON / HEATHROW 940A NONSTOP MILES- 5121
CONFIRMED
AR: CHENNAI 1255A ELAPSED TIME- 9:45 ARVL DATE-19 MAR
ARRIVAL TERMINAL-INTERNATIONAL
MEAL

25 MAR 06 - SATURDAY
BRITISH AWYS 36 COACH CLASS EQUIP-BOEING 747 JET
DEPART TERMINAL- INTERNATIONAL
LV: CHENNAI 400A NONSTOP MILES- 5121
CONFIRMED
AR: LON / HEATHROW 940A ELAPSED TIME-11:10
ARRIVAL TERMINAL-4
MEAL

UNITED 931 COACH CLASS EQUIP-BOEING 777 JET
DEPART TERMINAL- 3
LV: LON / HEATHROW 205P NONSTOP MILES- 5368
CONFIRMED
AR: SAN FRANCISCO 518P ELAPSED TIME-11:13
ARRIVAL TERMINAL-INTERNATIONAL
LUNCH-SNACK-MOVIE

UNITED 6434 COACH CLASS EQUIP-CR7
DEPART TERMINAL- 3
LV: SAN FRANCISCO 820P NONSTOP MILES- 451
CONFIRMED
AR: EUGENE 945P ELAPSED TIME- 1:25
OPERATED BY-UNITED EXPRESS/SKY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you should be excited to be able to visit lots of countries and witness several civilizations and meet people outside your vision area .
As for the hours lost in the plane you can use it to set free your mind and just take a break from life which we all need sometime and figure out where you are , where you were and where are you heading ...
Well good luck and keep us informed about international airports cause dude from what i read our airport doesn't seem so bad at all ...
Peace , later