Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Czesc. Hey everyone.

I just got my new credit card this morning, and I'm so glad to have it. Now I can run out and spend all my money. Its been great so far though I haven't had to pay for a single drink or meal. Paul and Mark and the guys here have been so generous. I feel bad because Artur and Dariusz's stay with us in Eugene was so lame in comparison.

This morning I bought my first meal, something like a jelly filled doughnut for 2 zloty. I was rushing to work after over sleeping from my night out on the town with the guys. So I popped into this bakery as I was walking to the tram stop and just pointed at the first thing that looked familiar. It was pretty good.

For Mark, Tom, and Dayrl's last night here Paul treated us all to dinner at one of the finest restaurants I've ever been to. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me at the time, besides it would have been rude to gawk and snap shots in there I think. The entry was huge and elegant with marble everywhere and a massive cloak room and wide tall stairs. We dined in a small salon on the third floor where there were only a few large tables and big ornate fireplace, but no fire lit. When they brought our food it was a bit of a production with 3 waiters simultaneously lifting the silver covers off of our plates in a flourish. We drank wine and had an excellent dinner.

I had to run at the end because like all meals here are long drawn out affairs and I had made plans to meet up with the boys for drinks again that night. We got started at a little pub with a few beers where the only spot to sit was at a table with some attractive Polish girls. It was a shame. Marcin and Artur proceeded to teach me how to drink and Marcin teased Artur for losing his prowess while being in America.

After that we went back to Lubu-Dubu which was dead the previous night but was hopping on Tuesday night. There was lots of 80s-90s American music playing and only a few popular Polish songs. People were dancing and after another beer and a couple shots of Vodka I had enough liquid rhythm in me to go bust a groove with the ladies. I don't remember much after that. I have pictures that show I must have left under my own power and I woke up in bed at the hotel with my door locked and my keys on me so I know nobody else put me to bed.

Today was rough, but I got through it. The guys don't remember much more than I do and everyone was laughing about it when I finally rolled in to work a bit late. It was a good time and I've got no regrets. I'm taking it easy tonight, but we are planning our next excursion already.

There is a big soccer game today between the US and Poland. I might try to catch part of that somewhere while I eat dinner. Maybe I will check out Roosters :)

Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

testing anonymous comment -Jeff