Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring is in the air and my eyes are itching

Hey all,

So its that time of year again, time to find my allergy symptom meds I put away in the Fall and start popping them once again to combat the constant runny nose, itchy eyes, sinus headaches, and sudden sneezing fits. That may be one of the reasons I love the Fall so much, it means a respite from my allergies for six months.

April also means that my birthday is coming up, as well as the birthday's of some of my most favorite people. This year many of my highschool chums are turning 30 and some are celebrating in style. I have no idea what I want to do for mine. I will probably just invite people over to my house for a little party. Is it narcissistic to throw a birthday party for yourself? I just don't want 30 to go by without some sort of significance. Then again it is just another day, why ascribe any particular relevance to it at all?

When I bring up my birthday I feel bad for mentioning it, especially when someone asks what I want for my birthday. I never know how to respond to that. I don't keep a wishlist of things I hope people will buy for me, that would be very selfish. If I want something and I can't live without it I go buy it. If I think of something I want and I don't buy it right away I just end up forgetting about it anyways.

My thoughtlessness about gifts extends to others too. I never remember other people's birthdays in time to get them a decent gift. Plus I've always been a terrible gift giver. One of the reasons I dread the Christmas season.

So anyways, getting back to travel stuff... I might be going back to Poland in the first part of May. I'm not sure how long I would be staying this time around, but it could be for two weeks or longer. We are working out the details now. I will post more when I can.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know...I remember receiving at least one thoughtful gift from you about 12 years ago...

Crystal