Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pillar Project Phase 4

Almost done with the cemetery fence. I spent today shortening my old fence sections to match the new pillars. I thought it would take much longer than it did. I'm glad Jared mentioned the unscrew, move, rescrew, and cut method, otherwise I would have hacked out a foot from the middle of the posts and that wouldn't have worked too well.

Once I got the fence sections cut down I went about setting up the fence in the yard. Pictures are here. Tomorrow I'll go about lighting them and covering them with webbing.

I discovered that my pillars are a bit wobbly and very light-weight so they will probably blow over with a stiff wind. I'll have to devise some way to hold them in place. I hope they hold up in the weather until next Saturday.

No comments: