Monday, October 12, 2009

Halloween preparations

I have a bunch of new projects to keep me busy from now until Halloween. I'll track my progress here and upload pictures to my flickr account.

This year I'm going to expand my graveyard fence by adding fake stone pillars to place between each section. I've seen various plans online that I will borrow ideas from. The basic skeleton will be plywood and PVC piping, covered in pink insulation foam, painted and carved. I have some translucent skulls that I can cut in half and mount on the pillars for light to shine through.

My most ambitious project to date will be a pneumatic coffin effect. I'm taking my plywood coffin from last year and upgrading it. I ordered a pneumatic kit and some other electronic toys online and will borrow or buy an air compressor. I've added hinges to the coffin and when I get the kit I'll install it. Combined with a pressure trigger, the air compressor, and an effects control box I'll have a professional looking haunt this year. I'm excited.

Next I'll use the air compressor along with a glue gun to make a cobweb shooter for the yard and possibly the garage.

Lastly, I have to find a configuration of monitors, TVs, and speakers that will work for the "Rock Band" stage.

So much to do.

No comments: